In Resort Information
Due to the current pandemic there have been some changes to the way that Red Sea Diving Safari are operating that guests should be aware of before arrival:
· Guests’ temperature will be checked on arrival
· Luggage and the shoes of the guests are sprayed with disinfectant at check-in
· Check-in briefing now conducted by TV video rather than paper flyers (also available on the chalet TVs)
· Currently there is reduced capacity in resort
· Glass windows have been installed in the reception and cafeteria for protection
· Credit card payments are appreciated where possible
· Guest feedback forms removed and replaced with online guest feedback
· Information booklets and flyers have been removed from reception
· Guests are required to send a photo of their passport by email to the reception team, instead of physically leaving their passport in reception.
· Public area surfaces, handles, ‘high touch’ areas sanitised regularly
· Non-contact greetings encouraged
· Cushions have been removed from chairs and beanbags are currently unavailable
· The children’s playground is currently unavailable
· Massage is currently unavailable
· Increased signage to encourage social distancing, hand washing, hand sanitisation, reporting symptoms, etc.
· Hand sanitiser dispensers have been installed throughout
· Laundry is now washed on higher temperatures and machines are disinfected after use
· Tipping is now possible on the final invoice of the guest
· Chalets are left empty for 48 hours between check-out and check-in
· 5 chalets have been designated as quarantine chalets in case they are needed
· Tip boxes have been removed from our restaurant, diving centre and reception. Tips can be added to the final invoice of the guest at their request.
· Staff temperatures are checked daily on entry to the village
· Staff must wear masks, and some must additionally wear visors and gloves
· Staff are required to undertake a COVID-19 rapid test on return from vacation
· Minimum of 60 days on site before vacation, to reduce staff turnover
· Staff have been given additional training about COVID-19 and additional signs in Arabic are in place throughout staff working and living areas
· Cars currently operating at 50% total capacity (e.g. 6 pax maximum in a microbus)
· Guests must observe the seating plan indicated inside the vehicle
· Air conditioning not being used
Food & Beverage
· Water dispenser scheme is currently not in service and plastic bottles of water are available as part of the soft-all-inclusive package
· Glass screens have been installed to cover the food at the buffet from the front and top, guests can request what they would like and the chefs will then prepare the plates and hand to the guests.
· Cake is served in individual portions at teatime, instead of being left as self service
· A glass screen has been installed in the cafeteria
· Maximum of 6 pax at a large table in the restaurant, 1m distance required between each person and tables are a minimum of 2m apart.
· Shisha is currently unavailable.
· Housekeeping service is only provided twice per week. If guests require towels and linen they are welcome to ask in the reception.
· Housekeeping staff are required to wear full suits, gloves, visors and use additional equipment for deep cleaning (e.g. steamers).
All 3 resorts have internet access via Wi-Fi around the reception areas. Please ask at reception for more information and prices. Please remember that due to the remoteness of the location’s internet access is not always as fast and efficient as other parts of the world. This is also a shared connection for all guests, so the speed is also linked to how many others are also using the service. If you need to be connected all the time and in your Tent/Chalet then you should organise your personal WIFI/SIM Card.
Personal Wifi/SIM Card Usage
SIM cards are available to purchase at Marsa Shagra, and by prior arrangement at Marsa Nakari and Wadi Lahami. Vodafone 4G works well in Egypt. Your phone will need to be un-locked for the SIM to work in it (if you have a contract phone it will likely be locked - check with your provider before you leave). For the best data connection, purchase a MIFI before departure (a MIFI is a little box that a SIM Card slots into and provides a WIFI connection for your devices to use).
220v European style 2 pin.
Lockers & Storage
At Shagra all Deluxe Chalets have mini safes for your valuables, for all other accommodations there are lockers available for use in reception. At Nakari & Lahami valuables can be stored in the reception safe.
It is possible to purchase essentials such as shampoo and toothpaste etc, but we do advise our guests to take their own.
Ample shower towels are provided in the room, beach towels can be rented for 5 Euro for the week from reception.
All resorts include inclusive water, selected soft drinks, standard tea and coffee. Speciality teas and fresh coffee and juices are available to purchase locally from €2. Beer and wine is also available.
At Marsa Shagra there is a small pharmacy opposite the resort, this would be suitable for pain relief etc, there is also the doctor located in the hyperbaric chamber. Please ensure you take all of your prescriptive medications with you. If you need any medical help whilst on resort please speak to reception.
As all resorts have some pleasant planting, we do suggest all guests take insect repellent as a precaution.
Your little luxuries
You can take your own little luxuries and store them in your room fridge (subject to room choice). Take your Vacuum coffee cup to enjoy hot drinks on the go, re-fill free of charge at the restaurant or in between at the cafeteria. Take your own drink and just grab hot water and milk.
Health & Well-Being
We want you to have a great holiday as does every member of staff at RSDS. If you have any problem, something is not to your liking or you are not feeling well which can be common in a hot country especially if it is your first time away. Do speak to reception, the dive centre or one of the staff who can in turn help ensure your problems are solved. We are also able to help via e-mail while you are away, just drop your booking manager a message. Always drinks lots of water, especially in the hotter months. You can easily become dehydrated and get an upset tummy. If this happens speak to reception or alert the dive centre team who can in turn help deal with your issue promptly to ensure you can enjoy your holiday.
Euro is the preferred currency, if you wish to purchase a small amount of local LE this can be arranged through reception. Your final bill can be paid in cash, or card. Visa and Mastercard are accepted with a 3% charge, sorry they cannot accept Amex.
We recommend a tip of approx. €60 per person for a 7-night stay. Tips are at your discretion, and this is just advisory only. You may also tip any member of the team privately.
Compulsory Local Charges
These charges will be added to your bill at check out.
€7 DECO chamber contribution - Shagra, Nakari & Lahami
€5 Solar programme contribution - Shagra only